- majority of China doesn`t confess to a religion
- no “unvisible” God
- mixture of old folk beliefs
- Central topic : human organization, taking of other people
- Aim : harmony, self-centered thinking, balance and serenity
- Influences daily life in China, Japan, Korea, Singapour, Vietnam and Taiwan
- 5 rules :
If I behave correctly, my family is in harmony.
Is my family in harmony, so is my town.
Are the towns in harmony, so are the rivings.
Are the rivings in harmony, so is the empire.
Are the empires in harmony, so is the cosmos.
- influences the daily life enormously (e.g.:politics, music and medicine)
- Striving for immortality
- Origin and confluence of opposites
- 4th biggest religion in the world
- Siddharta Gautama = “first woken person” (Buddha)
- In general : Buddhism is against radicalism
- 4 Noble Truths :
1. Life is shaped by suffering of birth, aging, illness and death.
2. Suffering is caused by greed, hate and infatuation.
3. Suffering in the future can`t be emerged by the avoidance of these causes.
4. Medium of avoidance and also of emergence practical exercises.
- for every religion there are different temples
- Buddhism (example):
- daily visits
- Only few temples overcame war during communism
- Not only praying but also meditation in the temples
(Annika, Katharina, Vanda)